A petition or protest signed in such a way that no name heads
the list. Of course, the signatures are placed in a circular form. The
device is French, and the term is a corruption of rond (round) ruban (a ribbon). It was first adopted by the officers of
government as a means of making known their grievances.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Round Robin from Infoplease:
- round robin: meaning and definitions - round robin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Round Robin - Round Robin A petition or protest signed in such a way that no name heads the list. Of course, the ...
- Round-Robin Semifinals - Round-Robin Semifinals Pool A Winner Loser Russia 2 Czech Republic 1 France Czech Republic 0 Russia ...
- Women - Women Gold Sweden Silver Switzerland Bronze Canada Information Please® Database, © 2007 ...
- Men - Men Gold Canada Silver Finland Bronze USA Information Please® Database, © 2007 Pearson ...