A cloak; so called from the Duke de Roquelaure. (George
“`Your honour's roquelaure,' replied the corporal, `has not once
been had on since the night before your honour received your wound:'
” —Sterne: Tristram Shandy; Story of Le Fevre.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Roquelaure from Infoplease:
- roquelaure: meaning and definitions - roquelaure: Definition and Pronunciation
- Roquelaure - Roquelaure A cloak; so called from the Duke de Roquelaure. (George II.) “`Your honour's ...
- Anne Rice - Biography of Anne Rice, Author of Interview With The Vampire
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index R.O.P. ropable rope ropeable ropedancer ropemaking ropery rope socket rope stitch ...
- Anne Rice - Anne Rice (Howard Allen O'Brien) author Born: 10/4/1941 Birthplace: New Orleans Author of ...