(pron. rowly-y powl-y). A crust with jam rolled up
into a pudding; a little fat child. Roly is a thing rolled with the
diminutive added. In some parts of Scotland the game of nine-pins is
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Roly-poly from Infoplease:
- roly-poly: meaning and definitions - roly-poly: Definition and Pronunciation
- Roly-poly - Roly-poly (pron. rowly-y powl-y). A crust with jam rolled up into a pudding; a little fat child. ...
- Abbott and Costello - Abbott and Costello Abbott and Costello , American comedy team of William Alexander ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index rix-dollar Riyadh riyal Rizaiyeh Rizal Rizal Day Riza Shah Pahlavi rizzar Rizzio ...
- 1999–2000 Daytime Emmy Awards - 1999–2000 Daytime Emmy Awards The 1999–2000 Daytime Emmy Awards were presented on May ...