(Nicolò Gabrini). The Reformer at Rome (1313-1354).
Bulwer Lytton (Lord Lytton) has a novel called Rienzi, and
Wagner an opera.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Rienzi from Infoplease:
- Rienzi: meaning and definitions - Rienzi: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cola di Rienzi - Rienzi or Rienzo, Cola di Rienzi or Rienzo, Cola di , 1313?–1354, Roman popular leader. In ...
- Rienzi - Rienzi (Nicolò Gabrini). The Reformer at Rome (1313-1354). Bulwer Lytton (Lord Lytton) has a ...
- Innocent VI - Innocent VI Innocent VI, d. 1362, pope (1352–62), a Frenchman named Étienne Aubert; ...
- Giacomo Meyerbeer - Meyerbeer, Giacomo Meyerbeer, Giacomo , 1791–1864, German operatic composer. He traveled in ...