(The). That period in French history which began with the
Italian wars in the reign of Charles VIII. and closed with the reign of
Henri II. It was the intercourse with Italy, brought about by the
Italian war (1494-1557), which “regenerated” the arts and sciences in
France; but as everything was
Italianised- the language, dress, architecture, poetry, prose,
food, manners, etc.- it was a period of great false taste and national
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Renaissance Period from Infoplease:
- Renaissance Period - Renaissance Period (The). That period in French history which began with the Italian wars in the ...
- archebanc: meaning and definitions - archebanc: Definition and Pronunciation
- oriel - oriel oriel , projecting or bay window in an upper story, supported on brackets, corbels, or an ...
- Dorothy Dunnett - Dorothy Dunnett Age: 78 Scottish novelist whose multi-layered historical novels explored the ...
- pewter - pewter pewter, any of a number of ductile, silver-white alloys consisting principally of tin. The ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring