(The). The adviser, the person who redes or interferes.
Thus the proverb, “The redder gets aye the warst lick of the fray.”
Those that in quarrels interpose
Must wipe themselves a bloody nose.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Redder from Infoplease:
- Redder - Redder (The). The adviser, the person who redes or interferes. Thus the proverb, “The redder ...
- VIII - Poemsby Emily Dickinson Almost! IX VIII A wounded deer leaps highest, I've heard the hunter ...
- color index - color index color index, in astronomy, difference in an object's brightness as recorded between ...
- Doppler effect - Doppler effect Doppler effect, change in the wavelength (or frequency) of energy in the form of ...
- Walt Whitman: Come Up from the Fields Father - Come up from the fields father, here's a letter from our Pete, And come to the front door mother, here's a letter from thy dear son.