The sea of the Red Man —i.e. Edom. Also called the
“sedgy sea,” because of the sea-weed which collects there.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Red Sea from Infoplease:
- Red Sea: meaning and definitions - Red Sea: Definition and Pronunciation
- Red Sea - Red Sea Red Sea, ancient Sinus Arabicus or Erythraean Sea, narrow sea, c.170,000 sq mi (440,300 sq ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/red sea - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Oceans and Seas - A list of the world's oceans and seas, with area & depth, including the Pacific, Atlantic, Indian, Arctic & Southern Oceans, and Mediterranean, Ocean, Caribbean & Bering Seas
- Red Sea - Red Sea The sea of the Red Man —i.e. Edom. Also called the “sedgy sea,” because ...