The French say that a red man commands the elements, and wrecks
off the coast of Brittany those whom he dooms to death. The legend
affirms that he appeared to Napoleon and foretold his downfall.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Red Man from Infoplease:
- red man: meaning and definitions - red man: Definition and Pronunciation
- Red Man - Red Man The French say that a red man commands the elements, and wrecks off the coast of Brittany ...
- Man o' War - Man o' War Man o' War, 1917–47, American racehorse, by Fair Play out of Mahubah, bred ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index rec recalcitrant recalcitrate recalculate recalescence recall Recamier ...
- Red Sea - Red Sea The sea of the Red Man —i.e. Edom. Also called the “sedgy sea,” because ...