Drawing a red herring across the path. Trying to divert
attention from the main question by some side-issue. A red herring
drawn across a fox's path destroys the scent and sets the dogs at
Neither fish, flesh, nor good red herring.
Something insipid and not good eating. Neither one thing nor
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Red Herring from Infoplease:
- red herring: meaning and definitions - red herring: Definition and Pronunciation
- Red Herring - Red Herring Drawing a red herring across the path. Trying to divert attention from the main ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index rec recalcitrant recalcitrate recalculate recalescence recall Recamier ...
- Dorothy Sayers - Biography of Dorothy Sayers, The creator of Lord Peter Wimsey
- Yarmouth Capons - Yarmouth Capons Red herrings. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894 ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring