Prince of Abyssinia, in Dr. Johnson's romance so called.
“`Rasselas' is a mass of sense, and its moral precepts are certainly
conveyed in striking and happy language. The made astronomer who
imagined that he possessed the regulation of the weather and the
distribution of the seasons, is an original character in romance; and
the happy valley in which Rasselas resides is sketched with poetical
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Rasselas from Infoplease:
- Rasselas - Rasselas Prince of Abyssinia, in Dr. Johnson's romance so called. “`Rasselas' is a ...
- Samuel Johnson, English author: Later Life and Works - Later Life and Works Johnson's first work of lasting importance, and the one that permanently ...
- Father of Waters - Father of Waters The Irawaddy, in Burmah, and the Mississippi, in North America. The Nile is so ...
- Happy Valley - Happy Valley in Dr. Johnson's tale of Rasselas, is placed in the kingdom of Amhara, and was ...
- September 18 Birthdays: Samuel Johnson - September 18 birthdays: Samuel Johnson, Leon Foucault, Greta Garbo, Lance Armstrong, Joseph Story, Frankie Avalon
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring