Ralph Roister Doister
The title of the earliest English comedy; so called from the chief
character. Written by Nicholas Udall. (16th century.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ralph Roister Doister from Infoplease:
- Ralph Roister Doister: meaning and definitions - Ralph Roister Doister: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ralph Roister Doister - Ralph Roister Doister The title of the earliest English comedy; so called from the chief character. ...
- Nicholas Udall - Udall, Nicholas Udall, Nicholas, 1505–56, English dramatist, educated at Oxford. He was ...
- farce - farce farce, light, comic theatrical piece in which the characters and events are greatly ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index R, r ra Raab R.A.A.F. Raamses rab rabal rabat rabato Rabaul Rabbah rabban Rabbath ...