In the reign of William III. all child-stealers (comprachios) apprehended were branded with red-hot iron: R (rogue) on the
shoulders; M (manslayer) on the right-hand; and T (thief) on the left.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on R M T from Infoplease:
- Rose Markward Knox - Rose Markward Knox food products manufacturer Born: 1857 Birthplace: Mansfield, Ohio She and her ...
- Richard Helms - Richard Helms CIA director and ambassador Born: March 30, 1913 Birthplace: St. Davids, Pa. Helms ...
- Richard Milhous Nixon - Richard Milhous Nixon Born: 1/9/1913 Birthplace: Yorba Linda, Calif. Richard Milhous Nixon was born ...
- Rita Mae Brown - Rita Mae Brown author, social activist Born: 11/28/1944 Birthplace: Hanover, Pennsylvania An early ...
- emeer: meaning and definitions - emeer: Definition and Pronunciation