Disciples of Quintilia, held to be a prophetess. These
heretical Christians made the Eucharist of bread and cheese, and
allowed women to become priests and bishops.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Quintilians from Infoplease:
- Quintilian: meaning and definitions - Quintilian: Definition and Pronunciation
- Quintilian - Quintilian Quintilian (Marcus Fabius Quintilianus), c.A.D. 35–c.A.D. 95, Roman rhetorician, ...
- Quintilians - Quintilians Disciples of Quintilia, held to be a prophetess. These heretical Christians made the ...
- Antiphilus - Antiphilus Antiphilus , fl. 4th cent. B.C., Greek painter, of Alexandrian origin. Pliny and ...
- Calahorra - Calahorra Calahorra , town (1990 pop. 18,869), La Rioja prov., NE Spain, on the Cidacos River near ...