Queen of Hearts
Elizabeth, daughter of James I. This unfortunate Queen of
Bohemia was so called in the Low Countries, from her amiable character
and engaging manners, even in her lowest estate. (1596-1662.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Queen of Hearts from Infoplease:
- Princess Diana Remembered: London Memorial Park - Princess Diana Remembered Walkway, children's playground honor Princess Diana by David Johnson ...
- Christina Rossetti: The Queen of Hearts - How comes it, Flora, that, whenever we Play cards together, you invariably, However the pack parts, Still hold the Queen of Hearts?
- Princess Diana Remembered: Life and Final Days - Princess Diana A privileged youth, a tragic death by David Johnson Biographies of the Royal Family ...
- Queen of Hearts - Queen of Hearts Elizabeth, daughter of James I. This unfortunate Queen of Bohemia was so called in ...
- Christina Rossetti: The Prince's Progress, and Other Poems, 1866 - Till all sweet gums and juices flow, Till the blossom of blossoms blow, The long hours go and come and go, The bride she sleepeth, waketh, sleepeth, W