The border round a bas-relief.
In the Santa Croce of Florence is a quadra round a bas relief
representing the Madonna, in white terracotta. Several other figures
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Quadra from Infoplease:
- quadra: meaning and definitions - quadra: Definition and Pronunciation
- Quadra - Quadra The border round a bas-relief. In the Santa Croce of Florence is a quadra round a bas relief ...
- T. S. Eliot: The Fire Sermon - The river's tent is broken: the last fingers of leaf Clutch and sink into the wet bank. The wind Crosses the brown land, unheard. The nymphs are depar
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: Q - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "Q"
- Brazil - Brazil Profile: People and History, Economy, Foreign Relations