The archbishop, or rather “presiding bishop,” of the Episcopal
Church of Scotland. He is elected by the other six bishops, and
presides in Convocation, or meetings relative to church matters.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Primus from Infoplease:
- primus: meaning and definitions - primus: Definition and Pronunciation
- primus inter pares: meaning and definitions - primus inter pares: Definition and Pronunciation
- Primus - Primus The archbishop, or rather “presiding bishop,” of the Episcopal Church of ...
- Innocent Voices - Starring Carlos Padilla, Leonor Varela, Xuna Primus, Gustavo Munoz, Jose María Yazpik
- Garth Fagan - Fagan, Garth Fagan, Garth, 1940–, Jamaican-American dancer and choreographer. Jamaican-born, ...