The British Poussin. Richard Cooper, painter and engraver, well
known for his Views of Windsor. (-1806.)
So Gaspar Dughet, the French painter, is called. (1613-1675.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Poussin from Infoplease:
- Poussin: meaning and definitions - Poussin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Gaspard Poussin - Poussin, Gaspard Poussin, Gaspard , 1615–75, French landscape painter, b. Rome. The son of a ...
- Nicolas Poussin - Poussin, Nicolas Poussin, Nicolas , 1594–1665, French painter, b. Les Andelys. Poussin was ...
- Poussin - Poussin The British Poussin. Richard Cooper, painter and engraver, well known for his Views of ...
- landscape painting: The Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries - The Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries Claude Lorrain was supreme master of this genre. His ...