The German Pliny. Konrad von Gesner, of Zürich (1516-1565).
Pliny of the East.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pliny from Infoplease:
- Pliny: meaning and definitions - Pliny: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pliny - Pliny The German Pliny. Konrad von Gesner, of Zürich (1516-1565). Pliny of the East. (See ...
- Pliny's Doves - Pliny's Doves In one of the rooms on the upper floor of the museum of the Capitol at Rome are ...
- Antiphilus - Antiphilus Antiphilus , fl. 4th cent. B.C., Greek painter, of Alexandrian origin. Pliny and ...
- Dipoenus - Dipoenus Dipoenus and Scyllis, c.580 B.C., Greek sculptors, who worked jointly in ivory, ebony, and ...