(plur. PITARAS). An order of divine beings in Hindu mythology
inhabiting celestial regions of their own, and receiving into their
society the spirits of those mortals whose funeral rites have been duly
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pitri from Infoplease:
- Pitri: meaning and definitions - Pitri: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pitri - Pitri (plur. PITARAS). An order of divine beings in Hindu mythology inhabiting celestial regions of ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index PIO piolet pion pioneer Pioneer Day Pioneers, The piosity pious pip pi-pa pipage ...
- Third Adhyâya - Adoration to the Highest Self (Paramatman)!
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: P - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "P"