Peveril of the Peak
Sir Geoffrey the Cavalier, and Lady Margaret his wife; Julian
Peveril, their son, in love with Alice Bridgenorth, daughter of Major
Bridgenorth, a Boundhead, and William Peveril, natural son of William
the Conqueror, ancestor of Sir Geoffrey. (Sir Walter Scott: Peveril
of the Peak.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Peveril of the Peak from Infoplease:
- Peveril of the Peak - Peveril of the Peak Sir Geoffrey the Cavalier, and Lady Margaret his wife; Julian Peveril, their ...
- William Goffe - Goffe, William Goffe, William , d. c.1679, English soldier and regicide. A personal adherent of ...
- Sir Walter Scott: Novels - Novels His first novel, Waverley (1814), was an immediate success. There followed the ...
- Quodling - Quodling (The Rev. Mr.). Chaplain to the Duke of Buckingham. (Sir Walter Scott: Peveril of the ...
- Hudson - Hudson (Sir Jeffrey.) The famous dwarf, at one time page to Queen Henrietta Maria. Sir Walter Scott ...