Peter of Provence
came into possession of Merlin's wooden horse. There is a
French romance called Peter of Provence and the Fair Magalona, the chief incidents of which are connected with this flying charger.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Peter of Provence from Infoplease:
- Peter of Provence - Peter of Provence came into possession of Merlin's wooden horse. There is a French romance ...
- Wooden Horse - Wooden Horse (The). Babieca. Peter of Provence had a wooden horse named Babieca. (See Clavileno.) ...
- Maguelone - Maguelone or Magalo'na (the fair). Heroine of the romance called The History of the Fair ...
- Clavileno - Clavileno The wooden horse on which Don Quixote got astride, in order to disenchant the Infanta ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: P - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "P"