(The). Sandjar (1117-1158). (See Alexander.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Persian Alexander from Infoplease:
- Persian Alexander - Persian Alexander (The). Sandjar (1117-1158). (See Alexander.) Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...
- Sandjar - Sandjar One of the Seljuke Sultans of Persia; so called from the place of his birth. Generally ...
- Alexander of the North - Alexander of the North Charles XII of Sweden, so called from his military achievements. He was ...
- Syria - Information on Syria — flag of Syria, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, and the national flag.
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: P - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "P"