Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Peris from Infoplease:
- peri: meaning and definitions - peri: Definition and Pronunciation
- peri - peri peri , in Persian mythology, supernatural being. Peris were said to be fallen angels who were ...
- Jacopo Peri - Peri, Jacopo Peri, Jacopo , 1561–1633, Italian composer and singer. Dafne (c.1597), perhaps ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/peri - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Peri - Peri (plur. PERIS). Peris are delicate, gentle, fairy-like beings of Eastern mythology, begotten by ...