(A). The female is larger than the male, as is the case
with most birds of prey. The female is the falcon of falconers,
and the male the tercel. It is called peregrine from its
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Peregrine Falcon from Infoplease:
- peregrine falcon: meaning and definitions - peregrine falcon: Definition and Pronunciation
- falcon - falcon falcon, common name for members of the Falconidae, a heterogeneous family of long-winged ...
- peregrine falcon - peregrine falcon: peregrine falcon: see falcon.
- Animal Hall of Fame - Animal Hall of Fame Biggest Land mammal: African elephants weigh up to 14,000 pounds and can eat as ...
- Peregrine Falcon - Peregrine Falcon (A). The female is larger than the male, as is the case with most birds of prey. ...