The seven psalms expressive of contrition- viz. the vi.,
xxxii., xxxviii., li., cii., cxxx., cxliii., of the Authorised Version,
or vi., xxxi., xxxvii., l., ci., cxxix., cxlii., of the Vulgate.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Penitential Psalms from Infoplease:
- Psalms - Psalms Psalms or Psalter, book of the Bible, a collection of 150 hymnic pieces. Since the last ...
- penitential Psalm: meaning and definitions - penitential Psalm: Definition and Pronunciation
- penitential psalms - penitential psalms: penitential psalms: see Psalms.
- Penitential Psalms - Penitential Psalms The seven psalms expressive of contrition- viz. the vi., xxxii., xxxviii., li., ...
- Miserere - Miserere Miserere , in the Bible, the 51st (or 50th) Psalm, beginning “Miserere mei, Deus ...