The cardinal, brother of Count Guido Franceschini, who advised
his scapegrace bankrupt brother to marry an heiress, in order to repair
his fortune. (Robert Browning: The Ring and the Book.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Paulo from Infoplease:
- São Paulo: meaning and definitions - São Paulo: Definition and Pronunciation
- São Paulo de Luanda: meaning and definitions - São Paulo de Luanda: Definition and Pronunciation
- Archbishop Paulos Faraj Rahho - Biography of Archbishop Paulos Faraj Rahho, Archbishop Rahho was kidnapped in Mosul, Iraq on February 29, 2008 after being shot in the leg on his way to Mass. The abductors killed two …
- São Paulo - São Paulo São Paulo , state (1996 pop. 34,055,715), 95,713 sq mi (247,897 sq km), SE ...
- São Francisco - São Francisco São Francisco , river, c.1,800 mi (2,900 km) long, rising in the Serra ...