Certain priests of the Roman Catholic Church, who mutually
agreed to preach “Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.” The founder of this
“congregation” was Paul Francis, surnamed Paul of the Cross.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Passionists from Infoplease:
- Passionists - Passionists: Passionists: see Paul of the Cross, Saint.
- Saint Paul of the Cross - Paul of the Cross, Saint Paul of the Cross, Saint, 1694–1775, Italian, religious founder of ...
- Passionist: meaning and definitions - Passionist: Definition and Pronunciation
- Passionists - Passionists Certain priests of the Roman Catholic Church, who mutually agreed to preach ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index pas Pasadena pas allé Pasargadae Pasay Pascagoula pascal Pascal's law ...