At the same time; in equal degrees; two or more schemes carried
on at once and driven forward with equal energy, are said to be carried
on pari passu, which is Latin for equal strides or the
equally measured pace of persons marching together.
“The cooling effects of surrounding matter go on nearly pari passu
with the heating.” —Grove: Correlation of Physical Forces, p.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Pari Passu from Infoplease:
- pari passu: meaning and definitions - pari passu: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pari Passu - Pari Passu At the same time; in equal degrees; two or more schemes carried on at once and driven ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Paochi Pão de Açúcar Paoking Paoshan Paoting pap papa papable ...
- Keep Up - Keep Up (To). To continue, as, “to keep up a discussion;” to maintain, as, “to ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: P - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "P"
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring