(in four books). The subject is the Temptation. Eve, being
tempted, fell, and lost Paradise; Jesus, being tempted, resisted, and
regained Paradise. (Milton.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Paradise Regained from Infoplease:
- Paradise Regained: meaning and definitions - Paradise Regained: Definition and Pronunciation
- John Milton: Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained - Paradise Lost and Paradise Regained For many years Milton had planned to write an epic poem, and he ...
- Paradise Regained - Paradise Regained (in four books). The subject is the Temptation. Eve, being tempted, fell, and ...
- John Milton - Milton, John Milton, John, 1608–74, English poet, b. London, one of the greatest poets of the ...
- John Milton - Biography of John Milton, The author of the epic poem Paradise Lost