Father The former is Greek pappas (father); Chaldee, abba. For many centuries after the Conquest, the
“gentry” taught their children to use the word “papa,” but this
custom is now almost gone out.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Papa from Infoplease:
- Pápa - Pápa Pápa , town (1991 est. pop. 33,500), W Hungary, in a grain- and beet-growing ...
- papa: meaning and definitions - papa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Irene Papas - Irene Papas (Irene Lelekou) actress Born: 3/9/1926 Birthplace: Chiliomodion, Greece Papas began her ...
- Papa's Song - Starring Rene Van Asten, Victor Bottenbley, Romana Vrede, Lisette Merenciana
- Luna Papa - Starring Chulpan Khamatova, Merab Ninidze, Moritz Bleibtreu, Polina Raykina, Ato Mukhamedshanov