The College Ribbons.
Balliol, pink, white, blue, white, pink. Brasenose, black, and
gold edges. Christ Church, blue, with red cardinal's hat. Corpus, red and blue stripe.
black, and red edges. Jesus, green, with white edges. Lincoln, blue, with mitre. Magdalon, black and white. Merton, blue, and white edges, with red cross. New College, three pink and two white stripes. Oriel, blue and white.
pink, white, pink. Queen's, red, white, blue, white, blue,
white, red. St. John's, yellow, black, red.
blue, with double dragon's head, yellow and green, or blue, with
white edges. University, blue, and yellow edges.
oreester blue, white, pink, white, blue. HALIS. St. Alban's, blue, with arrow-head.
red, and yellow edges. St. Mary, white, black, white. Magdalen, black, and blue edges.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Oxford from Infoplease:
- oxford: meaning and definitions - oxford: Definition and Pronunciation
- Provisions of Oxford - Provisions of Oxford Provisions of Oxford, 1258, a scheme of governmental reform forced upon Henry ...
- Harley: meaning and definitions - Harley: Definition and Pronunciation
- Asquith: meaning and definitions - Asquith: Definition and Pronunciation
- Harley, Robert, 1st earl of Oxford - Harley, Robert, 1st earl of Oxford Harley, Robert, 1st earl of Oxford, 1661–1724, English ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring