A declaration made in 1857 by the Ministers of the United
States in England, France, and Spain, “that Cuba must belong to the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ostend' Manifesto from Infoplease:
- Ostend Manifesto: meaning and definitions - Ostend Manifesto: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ostend Manifesto - Ostend Manifesto Ostend Manifesto, document drawn up in Oct., 1854, at Ostend, Belgium, by James ...
- Ostend' Manifesto - Ostend' Manifesto A declaration made in 1857 by the Ministers of the United States in England, ...
- John Young Mason - Mason, John Young Mason, John Young, 1799–1859, American statesman, b. Greensville co., Va. ...
- Pierre Soulé - Soulé, Pierre Soulé, Pierre , 1801–70, American political leader and diplomat, ...