(General History of), from Creation to A.D. 417, in
Latin by a Spanish presbyter of the 5th century, was translated into
Anglo-Saxon by Alfred the Great.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Orosius from Infoplease:
- Orosius: meaning and definitions - Orosius: Definition and Pronunciation
- Paulus Orosius - Orosius, Paulus Orosius, Paulus , c.385–420, Iberian priest, theologian, and historian, b. ...
- Orosius - Orosius (General History of), from Creation to A.D. 417, in Latin by a Spanish presbyter of the 5th ...
- Ohthere - Ohthere Ohthere , fl. 880, Norse explorer. His account of his voyage around the North Cape, along ...
- Alfred: Reign - Reign Early Wars with the Danes Upon Æthelred's death after Easter in 871, Alfred became ...