(in Orlando Furioso). A seamonster that devoured men and
women. He haunted the seas near Ireland. Orlando threw an anchor into
his open jaws, and then dragged the monster to the Irish coast, where
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Ore from Infoplease:
- ore - ore ore, metal-bearing mineral mass that can be profitably mined. Nearly all rock deposits contain ...
- Oregon - Information on Oregon — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
- ore tanker: meaning and definitions - ore tanker: Definition and Pronunciation
- peacock ore: meaning and definitions - peacock ore: Definition and Pronunciation
- cogwheel ore: meaning and definitions - cogwheel ore: Definition and Pronunciation