(An). A piece of information generally known, but not yet
“It was an open secret that almost every one [of Lord Palinerston's
ecclesiastical appointments] was virtually made by Lord Shaftesbury.” —Leisure Hour, 1887.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Open Secret from Infoplease:
- open secret: meaning and definitions - open secret: Definition and Pronunciation
- Open Secret - Open Secret (An). A piece of information generally known, but not yet formally announced. “It ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index ology ololiuqui Olomouc Olongapo Olonos oloroso olpe Olson Olsztyn Olwen olykoek ...
- Bob Mould - Biography of Bob Mould, While attending Macalester College and living in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, Mould met drummer / singer Grant Hart and bass player Greg N…
- Poster Boy - Starring Karen Allen, Michael Lerner, Jack Noseworthy, Matt Newton, Valerie Geffner