The poem of Homer which records the adventures of Odysseus (Ulysses) in his home-voyage from Troy. The word is an adjective
formed out of the hero's name, and means the things or adventures of Ulysses.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Odyssey from Infoplease:
- Homer - Homer Homer, principal figure of ancient Greek literature; the first European poet. Sections in ...
- Timeline: Pirates - Pirates timeline from 700 B.C. to the present.
- Odyssey - Odyssey Odyssey : see Homer.
- The Odyssey - The Odyssey Contents Preface to First Edition Preface to Second Edition The Gods in ...
- Odyssey: meaning and definitions - Odyssey: Definition and Pronunciation