(2 syl.). One of the Nereids (q.v.).
The lovely Nysë and Neri'në spring,
With all the vehemence and speed of wing.
Camoens: Lusiad, bk. ii.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nyse from Infoplease:
- NYSE: meaning and definitions - NYSE: Definition and Pronunciation
- Stock Market - Stock Market The Biggest One-Day Declines in the Dow Jones Industrial Average Dow 101 Top NYSE ...
- Dow 101 - Dow 101 Five Little-Known Facts About the Dow Jones Industrials Average by Tasha Vincent Related ...
- Top NYSE Stocks by Dollar Value - Top NYSE Stocks by Dollar Value 2005 rank Issue (symbol) 2005 dollar value (in millions) 1. Exxon ...
- Keith Funston - Keith Funston (George Keith Funston) business executive, college president Born: 1910 Birthplace: ...