The second king of Rome, who reduced the infant state to order
by wise laws.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Numa from Infoplease:
- Numa - Numa The second king of Rome, who reduced the infant state to order by wise laws. Source: ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/numa pompilius - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- ancile: meaning and definitions - ancile: Definition and Pronunciation
- Egeria - Egeria Egeria , in Roman religion and mythology, goddess or nymph of fountains. Consort and adviser ...
- Egeria - Egeria The nymph who instructed Numa in his wise legislation. Numa used to meet her in a grove near ...