(Strand), with Arundel, Surrey, and Howard Streets, were the
site of the house and grounds of the Bishop of Bath and Wells, then of
the Lord High Admiral Seymour, and afterwards of the Howards, Earls of
Arundel and Surrey, from whom it came into the possession of the Earl
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Norfolk Street from Infoplease:
- Norfolk Street - Norfolk Street (Strand), with Arundel, Surrey, and Howard Streets, were the site of the house and ...
- 2013 Boston Marathon Tragedy - Boston marathon disaster 2013|Three people were killed and hundreds injured after multiple bombs exploded during the Boston Marathon.
- April 2013 Current Events: U.S. News - Current events in the United States for the month of April 2013, including Don't Ask Don't Tell, President Barack Obama, and recession details.
- The 2013 Boston Marathon Tragedy - News of the Nation, 2013 Year in Review - Three people were killed and hundreds injured after multiple bombs exploded.|--> U.S. News Major U.S. news stories, from the Boston Marathon Bombing to the Whitey Bulger Trial
- Rose Sunday - Rose Sunday The fourth Sunday in Lent, when the Pope blesses the “Golden Rose.” He dips ...