Non Compos Mentis
or Non Com. Not of sound mind; a lunatic, idiot,
drunkard, or one who has lost memory and understanding by accident or
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Non Compos Mentis from Infoplease:
- non compos mentis: meaning and definitions - non compos mentis: Definition and Pronunciation
- Non Compos Mentis - Non Compos Mentis or Non Com. Not of sound mind; a lunatic, idiot, drunkard, or one who has lost ...
- Nincompoop - Nincompoop A poor thing of a man. Said to be a corruption of the Latin non compos [mentis], but of ...
- Fool's Paradise - Fool's Paradise Unlawful pleasure, illicit love, vain hopes. Thus, in Romeo and Juliet, the ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: N - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "N"