The lion in the beast-epic called Reynard the Fox. Nodel represents the regal element of Germany; Isengrim, the wolf,
represents the baronial element; and Reynard represents the church
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nodel from Infoplease:
- Martin Nodell - Martin Nodell Age: 91 creator of the Green Lantern superhero in 1940 who drew the comic book ...
- Nodel - Nodel The lion in the beast-epic called Reynard the Fox. Nodel represents the regal element of ...
- M - Q - M - Q Naguib Mahfouz Mako Arif Mardin Sophie Maslow Robert McCullough Robert McFerrin Sr. Darren ...
- Reynard the Fox - Reynard the Fox The hero in the beast-epic of the fourteenth century. This prose poem is a satire ...
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: N - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "N"