Annihilation, or rather the final deliverance of the soul from
transmigration (in Buddhism). Sanskrit, nir, out; vâna, blow. (See Gautama.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nirvana from Infoplease:
- nirvana - nirvana nirvana , in Buddhism, Jainism, and Hinduism, a state of supreme liberation and bliss, ...
- Nirvana - Starring Christopher Lambert, Sergio Rubini, Diego Abatantuono, Stefania Rocca, Emmanuelle Seigner
- nirvana: meaning and definitions - nirvana: Definition and Pronunciation
- Nirvana - Nirvana grunge band Seattle-based grunge band formed by Kurt Cobain that brought 1970s punk sound ...
- Buddhism - Buddhism Buddhism was founded in the fourth or fifth century B.C. in northern India by a man known ...