(Sir Isaac) discovered the prismatic colours of light.
Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night,
God said, `Let Newton be,' and all was light.
The Newton of Harmony. Jean Philippe Rameau was so called from his
work entitled a Dissertation on the Principles of Harmony. (1683-1764.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Newton from Infoplease:
- newton: meaning and definitions - newton: Definition and Pronunciation
- newton, unit of measure - newton newton, abbr. N, unit of force in the mks system of units, which is based on the metric ...
- Alfred Newton - Newton, Alfred Newton, Alfred, 1829–1907, English zoologist, b. Geneva. He studied ...
- Huey Newton - Huey Newton black activist Born: 1942 Birthplace: Monroe, La. Newton, with Bobby Seale, founded the ...
- Sir Isaac Newton - Newton, Sir Isaac Newton, Sir Isaac, 1642–1727, English mathematician and natural philosopher ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring