King of Pylos, in Greece; the oldest and most experienced of
the chieftains who went to the siege of Troy A “Nestor” means the
oldest and wisest man of a class or company. (Homer Iliad.)
Nestor of the chemical revolution.
A term applied by Lavoister to Dr. Black. (1728-1799.) Nestor
of Europe. Leopold, King of Belgium (1790, 1831-1865).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nestor from Infoplease:
- Nestor, in Greek mythology - Nestor Nestor , in Greek mythology, wise king of Pylos; son of Neleus and father of Antilochus. In ...
- Nestor, Russian chronicler - Nestor Nestor , d. 1115?, Russian chronicler. A monk in a Kiev monastery, he wrote a life of saints ...
- Néstor Carlos Kirchner - Kirchner, Néstor Carlos Kirchner, Néstor Carlos , 1950–, Argentinean ...
- Nestor: meaning and definitions - Nestor: Definition and Pronunciation
- Néstor MONTOYA - MONTOYA, NÃ©stor (1862—1923) MONTOYA, NÃ©stor, a Representative from ...