An unjust elevation of our own kinsmen to places of wealth
and trust at our disposal. (Latin, nepos, a nephew or kinsman.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nepotism from Infoplease:
- nepotism: meaning and definitions - nepotism: Definition and Pronunciation
- Nepotism - Nepotism An unjust elevation of our own kinsmen to places of wealth and trust at our disposal. ...
- Ramón Grau San Martín - Grau San Martín, Ramón Grau San Martín, Ramón , 1887–1969, ...
- Boniface IX - Boniface IX Boniface IX, c.1345–1404, pope (1389–1404), a Neapolitan named Pietro ...
- Clement IV, pope - Clement IV Clement IV, d. 1268, pope (1265–68), a Frenchman named Guy le gros Foulques; ...