(2 Kings xviii. 4). Bits of brass, worthless fragments. When
Hezekiah broke in pieces the brazen serpent, he called the broken
“Such matters to the agitators are Nehushtan.” —Nineteenth
Century, December, 1892, p. 998.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nehushtan from Infoplease:
- Nehushtan - Nehushtan Nehushtan , in the Bible, brazen serpent made by Moses. It was eventually worshiped by ...
- Nehushtan - Nehushtan (2 Kings xviii. 4). Bits of brass, worthless fragments. When Hezekiah broke in pieces the ...
- 2 Kings: 18 - Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea…
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: N - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "N"