A princess, a friend of Lucrezia di Borgia, Duchess of Ferrara.
She invited to a banquet the nobles who had insulted her friend, and
killed them with poisoned wine. (Donizetti: Lucrezia di Borgia, an
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Negroni from Infoplease:
- negroni: meaning and definitions - negroni: Definition and Pronunciation
- Negroni - Negroni A princess, a friend of Lucrezia di Borgia, Duchess of Ferrara. She invited to a banquet ...
- 2002 PEN Literary Award Winners - 2002 PEN Literary Award Winners PEN/Laura Pels Award for Drama Maria Irene Fornes, master American ...
- Cupid - Cupid The god of love, and son of Venus. According to fable he wets with blood the grindstone on ...
- Orsini - Orsini (Maffio). A young Italian nobleman, whose life was saved by Gennaro at the battle of Rimini. ...