the god of science and literature, is said to have invented
cuneiform writing. His temple was at Borsippa, but his worship was
carried wherever Babylonian letters penetrated. Thus we had Mount Nebo
in Moab, and the city of Nebo in Judea.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nebo from Infoplease:
- Pisgah: meaning and definitions - Pisgah: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mount Nebo - Nebo, Mount Nebo, Mount, 2,625 ft (800 m) high, N Jordan. In the Bible, Moses viewed the Promised ...
- Nebo - Nebo Nebo , in the Bible. 1. Town of Moab, near Mt. Pisgah and S of Heshbon. 2. City of Judah of ...
- Samgar-nebo - Samgar-nebo Samgar-nebo , in the Bible, Babylonian prince with Nebuchadnezzar at Jerusalem.
- Nebo - Nebo the god of science and literature, is said to have invented cuneiform writing. His temple was ...