The Arabian merchant whose fables are the delight of the Arabs.
D'Herbelot tells us that when Mahomet read to them the history of the
Old Testament, they cried out with one voice that Nasser's tales were
the best; upon which Mahomet gave his malediction on Nasser, and all
who read him.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nasser from Infoplease:
- Nasser: meaning and definitions - Nasser: Definition and Pronunciation
- Lake Nasser - Nasser, Lake Nasser, Lake, c.1,550 sq mi (4,010 sq km), on the Nile River, SE Egypt and N Sudan. ...
- Gamal Abdel Nasser - Biography of Gamal Abdel Nasser, Leader of Egypt, 1956-70
- Gamal Abdal Nasser - Nasser, Gamal Abdal Nasser, Gamal Abdal , 1918–70, Egyptian army officer and political ...
- Nasser - Nasser The Arabian merchant whose fables are the delight of the Arabs. D'Herbelot tells us that ...