or Nebo-adon-Assur. (Nebo, Prince of Assyria.) Founder
of the Babylonian and Chaldæan kingdom, and first of the dynasty of
Era of Nabonassar
began Wednesday, February 26th, 747 B.C., the day of Nabonassar's
accession. It was used by Ptolemy, and by the Babylonians, in all their
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nabonassar from Infoplease:
- Nabonassar: meaning and definitions - Nabonassar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Nabonassar - Nabonassar or Nebo-adon-Assur. (Nebo, Prince of Assyria.) Founder of the Babylonian and ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index N, n na NAA NAACP Naafi nab Nabal Nabataean nabe Naberezhnye Chelny nabi Nablus ...
- Nabo - Nabo or Nebo. One of the divinities of the Assyrians, supposed to be the moon. (See Isa. xlvi. 1.) ...
- Nebuchadnezzar - Nebuchadnezzar A correspondent of Notes and Queries (July 21, 1877) says that the compound Russian ...
24 X 7
||24 x 7 Tutor Availability
||Unlimited Online Tutoring